This topic covers how to assign budget resources in a project schedule and enter budget cost data. These budget resources provide the details for managing a budget and planned cost analysis.
- View Offline
- With every expense resource…you may also want to have a budget resource,…so that you can do your calculation of…what do I plan to expend,…and what did they give me for a budget,…so how do I know whether I've met…or exceeded my budget calculation.…Budget resources are applied at line zero…of the project file,…so they treat much differently…than a standard resource,…so I'm going to assign my budget resource…to line zero of the project,…and I can select that budget resource.…
Now, I cannot enter the budget information at this time,…but when we go to our custom view…that we created in a previous video,…we'll be able to add in that budget,…so I'm going to currently just assign it to line zero,…and that's going to put our budgeted resource…on the summary task.…All budget resources will be assigned at the line zero…of your project file,…and expenses resources assigned…each and every task within the project,…so you can compare your planned expense,…versus what your budget was given…for that particular project.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up budget resource costs
- Setting up rate tables
- Creating budget resources
- Entering values for budget cost and work and expense resources
- Comparing costs to budget values
- Reviewing costs
- Managing and reducing project costs
- Adding actual costs