Join Doug Rose for an in-depth discussion in this video Trying the Kotter approach, part of Enterprise Agile: Changing Your Culture.
- Enterprise Agile is a big organizational change.…It's still pretty new to change your organization…to embrace a more Agile mindset.…It's not that new to try and make…big organizational changes.…In fact, one commonly used approach…was based on a book that came out in 1996.…It's called Leading Change by John Kotter.…The book proposes an eight-step approach…for organizational change.…Each step follows the next,…almost like a classic waterfall model.…Most organizations that try the Kotter approach…think of it as one big event.…
They use it as an organizational shake-up.…That's why many companies only try this…if they feel that their core business is in danger.…The eight steps of the approach are:…Establishing a sense of urgency.…Creating a guiding coalition.…Developing a vision and strategy.…Communicating the change vision.…Empowering broad-based action.…Generating short-term wins.…Consolidating gains and producing more change.…
Anchoring new approaches in the culture.…One of the key challenges with this approach…is that it depends on a change leader.…
That's why this course is the first in a four-part series on enterprise agile. In this course, Doug Rose helps you lay the groundwork you'll need to make this radical organizational change. First, learn how to identify your organization's culture. There are many different types of organizational cultures, and each one presents its own set of challenges. Then, see different approaches to making a widespread organizational change. Finally, learn about the common challenges that almost all organizations face when starting enterprise agile.
- Establishing the groundwork
- Understanding the change
- Reviewing organizational culture
- Identifying your organizational culture
- Trying the Kotter approach
- Being fearless
- Evangelizing change
- Changing myths
- Focusing on culture
- Dealing with common challenges