Change and transition management is critical for managing projects. This online lesson explains the change management process for cross-functional projects and project teams. This includes supply chain projects, healthcare projects, and information technology. Effectively managing the change from projects will help project teams be more successful.
- The final pillar of the direct…project leadership framework, is to transition the people.…In this video, I'll explain what I mean by transition.…And I'll give you the tools to manage…your own transitions successfully.…Change is something that happens to you and around you.…Transition is how you and everyone else respond to it.…That's an important distinction…for a project leader to understand.…Because while it's important to make sure…that a project delivers a working solution,…it is just as important to ensure that…the people who need to use it…are willing and able to make it work.…
Let me illustrate this point with a story…about transition from the team at H+ Sport.…A few years ago, H+ ran a project…to upgrade the software for their customer service team.…Everyone was excited to be moving away…from the old-fashioned green-screen display…to a fancy new Windows based interface.…After months of planning and preparation,…the whole project went off without a hitch.…The IT team ran the update over the weekend,…and the system was ready to go…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Name who is responsible for approving the resources for the project.
- Recall what the spine of a fishbone diagram represents.
- List characteristics of the environment.
- Identify the tools used for mapping processes.
- Recognize what needs to be captured on the action item list.
- Recall what project metrics should be related to.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.