Change and transition management is critical for managing projects. This online lesson explains the change management process for cross-functional projects and project teams. This includes supply chain projects, healthcare projects, and information technology. Effectively managing the change from projects will help project teams be more successful.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- The final pillar of the direct…project leadership framework, is to transition the people.…In this video, I'll explain what I mean by transition.…And I'll give you the tools to manage…your own transitions successfully.…Change is something that happens to you and around you.…Transition is how you and everyone else respond to it.…That's an important distinction…for a project leader to understand.…Because while it's important to make sure…that a project delivers a working solution,…it is just as important to ensure that…the people who need to use it…are willing and able to make it work.…
Let me illustrate this point with a story…about transition from the team at H+ Sport.…A few years ago, H+ ran a project…to upgrade the software for their customer service team.…Everyone was excited to be moving away…from the old-fashioned green-screen display…to a fancy new Windows based interface.…After months of planning and preparation,…the whole project went off without a hitch.…The IT team ran the update over the weekend,…and the system was ready to go…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.