Change and transition management is critical for managing projects. This online lesson explains the change management process for cross-functional projects and project teams. This includes supply chain projects, healthcare projects, and information technology. Effectively managing the change from projects will help project teams be more successful.
- The final pillar of the direct…project leadership framework, is to transition the people.…In this video, I'll explain what I mean by transition.…And I'll give you the tools to manage…your own transitions successfully.…Change is something that happens to you and around you.…Transition is how you and everyone else respond to it.…That's an important distinction…for a project leader to understand.…Because while it's important to make sure…that a project delivers a working solution,…it is just as important to ensure that…the people who need to use it…are willing and able to make it work.…
Let me illustrate this point with a story…about transition from the team at H+ Sport.…A few years ago, H+ ran a project…to upgrade the software for their customer service team.…Everyone was excited to be moving away…from the old-fashioned green-screen display…to a fancy new Windows based interface.…After months of planning and preparation,…the whole project went off without a hitch.…The IT team ran the update over the weekend,…and the system was ready to go…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Describe the responsibilities of a project leader by using the DIRECT framework.
- Explain the role of Root Cause Analysis.
- Identify the common elements of a Project Charter.
- Describe the contents of a SWOT Analysis.
- Explain the difference between a weak project manager and a strong project manager.
- Explain the difference between qualitative metrics and quantitative metrics.List several tools that can be used for managing a project.
- Describe several techniques that can be used when managing the change created by a project.
- Explain the difference between a change and a transition.
- Explain the importance of capturing lessons learned from a project.
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.