Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Track Changes, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Tracking changes can be a good way…to keep track of the incremental changes…that are happening in a project.…Many users of Microsoft Word and other…drafting programs have used Track Changes…extensively and this is going to be similar…in OmniPlan.…There are two places to turn on or off…the Track Changes feature and one is…in the Project menu, Track Changes…or the keyboard shortcut cmd + opt + t.…But I also wanted to show you that right here…in the toolbar is also a similar choice…to toggle it on or off.…
So I'm going to turn this on.…Any of those methods will work.…But I want you to notice the interface…is going to change a lot.…So don't be shocked, I'll explain it.…Okay, so the idea here is this is going to be…similar to other places you've tracked changes…except they're not being tracked or not being tracked.…It's simply turning the interface on in this way…or not.…So it's actually all of the changes have been being…tracked as we went through this project…and now we can, if we can turn this on,…accept or reject these are we go through them.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley OConnell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.