This online course will look at a variety of tools that can be useful in building the pillars that are included in the DIRECT project leadership framework. Project management software, word processors and spreadsheets can all be used. This course does not cover Microsoft Project or Primavera, but it does include links to courses that do.
- As we go through this course we'll be looking at a variety of tools that you can use to build and strengthen each of the direct pillars of project leadership. Most of these tools are computer based but require only a basic proficiency with a word processor like Microsoft Word or a spreadsheet application like Microsoft Excel. A few of the tools that we'll look at may require a more robust piece of software like Microsoft Project or Primavera. Don't worry, you don't need to be an expert on these for the course.
Our goal here is to show you what the tools are and when you as a leader would want to use them. But I'll also give you links to other courses on this site where you can learn to use these tools if and when you need to.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.