Join Bob McGannon for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing deliverables, part of Project Management Foundations: Quality.
- I'm afraid that sometimes I believe in Murphy's Law.…If something can go wrong, it will.…Sometimes, I think that Murphy guy has relatives…and they all find their way to your project…when you are testing and hoping for correct results.…Testing is an area where a lot can go wrong.…However, if you have a few things in place,…you can mitigate some of the common risks with testing.…One area where you can eilminate risk…is to focus on your test data.…
The phrase "garbage in, garbage out"…comes to mind right now.…If your data is not representative…of the various business rules and activities…in your client's organization,…your test results will be compromised.…The best way to obtain good data…is to extract the existing production data…into a test environment.…If this is a new application…and production data does not exist,…you may need to create the data from scratch.…Sometimes, you can also extract data…from various existing sources…to mimic what the data will look like.…
Ensure you plan for a sufficient amount of time…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define project quality.
- Identify quality-planning components.
- Perform quality assurance.
- Examine the cost of quality.
- List types of quality tools.
- Describe the tenets of Pareto analysis.
- Explain the House of Quality approach.
- Apply Lean Six Sigma.
- Test deliverables and roles.