- Templates allow you to save items…that are frequently used so you can have a starting place…for new projects that resemble other projects…that you have already done.…Creating a template is very easy, technically,…but you do want to put some thought…into exactly what you will need in your template.…Let me give you an example.…It's very easy to just go: File, Save As Template.…However, in OmniPlan, absolutely everything…about a project is included in the template,…so if we save this as a template,…all of our specific tasks and everything…would be saved there.…
And, in fact, if we do website after website…that follows this same process,…we may, in fact, want a template…that includes all of the tasks…and a lot of the structure.…To me, it's more likely…that you actually strip some stuff down…and start at a different place.…So, the example that I would like to give…is that the template we want has all of the styles…and all of the resources,…but that we rebuild the tasks based on a specific project.…So that would be very easy to create.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.