Learn about the definition of technical debt and how to help your team avoid it. Angela describes how the team can recognize the two major contributors to minimizing technical debt and some ways to overcome it.
- What happens when teams work fast and furious…without an eye towards the product vision and road map,…and they take shortcuts,…rather than doing it right the first time?…Well, they typically create a lot of rework and pain,…and in Agile, it's no different.…Technical debt is the cost incurred for cutting corners…in the short term, and Agile teams can create more…than an appropriate amount of it,…when only focused on the current sprint.…When too much technical debt happens on a solution,…over time, the team's pace and velocity slows down.…
The shortcuts taken earlier can create more work to unravel…and refactor, as the team adds more functionality.…Some technical debt is good and strategic, and typically…this is the case when there are major unknowns,…and things like experiments and prototyping,…where the team is taking shortcuts to learn…and later commit to a technical path.…In this case, it's all about the learning and experimenting.…Well there are two major contributors…to minimizing technical debt.…
First, is having a solid…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.