Project leaders help to create project culture. Effective project teams need to have a high level of trust. Team building can help to establish trust in the early stages of a project, and can refresh that trust during the project. Transparency in communication and reports can help to protect and avoid misunderstandings.
- One of the key characteristics…of high-performing teams is trust.…In this video, we'll talk specifically…about why trust is so important…and give you some ideas about how to build trust…among your team members.…Projects can get complicated very quickly…and disagreements or misunderstandings…get in the way of productivity.…The planning that you do as the project leader…will help to minimize these misunderstandings,…but it may not eliminate them.…
As you think about your role in leading a project…and as you resolve to your course of action,…one of the things that you should take into account…is how to build and sustain trust among your team members.…To start with, your team members may not know each other…and it's hard to trust someone that you don't know.…In that case, you should have a plan…for a positive way to make those introductions.…Lots of teams that I've worked on…did a team-building activity very early on.…
Some of the most successful projects…started with an off-site retreat…at a hotel or conference center.…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.