Learn about the goals of customer service and how they are achieved.
- Getting the right product or service…to the right place at the right time…for the right cost.…That's what every organization…is trying to provide for their customers.…But doing all of those things right…can actually be really hard,…and that's what supply chain management is all about.…In this video we'll look at what supply chain management is…and the critical role that it plays…in the success of any organization.…One of the interesting things…about supply chain management…is that there are so many different definitions.…
For example, the Council…of Supply Chain Management Professionals…defines it this way,…supply chain management encompasses the planning…and management of all activities involved…in sourcing and procurement,…conversion, and all logistics management activities.…The APICS Supply Chain Council…takes a different approach.…They describe supply chain management…in terms of six main processes,…planning, sourcing, making,…delivering, returning and enabling.…
There are other definitions out there too…but I think you get the idea.…
Instructor Daniel Stanton begins the course by reviewing the key skills highlighted in the Project Management Institute (PMI) Talent Triangle, and explaining how strategy and business management fit into your professional development. Next, he explains how to align your project with the priorities of your organization, and effectively communicate the goals, benefits, and risks of your project to your stakeholders. Then, he walks through the different business functions in an organization, including marketing and sales, supply chain management, human resources, and information technology. To wrap up, Daniel explains how to leverage your business acumen to collaborate effectively with individuals throughout your organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- How stakeholders view your projects
- Defining the goals and benefits of a project
- Identifying and describing the risks associated with a project
- How sustainability can impact a project
- Process improvement methods
- Goals of marketing and sales
- Goals of human resources
- The importance of projects for supply chain management
- Key financial and accounting documents