Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Styles, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Styles are the way they you control…the look of your project, things like colors and fonts.…Thus far we've just been working in the default styles…and everything is pretty much blue,…normal font and text size,…but actually all of this is controllable.…Most of it works in the way that I think you would expect,…but there is one thing that's kind of special.…It's been changed in the newest version of the software,…and I think if we go over these principles,…you'll have a great time styling your projects…and making them look how you want them to look.…
So, the key to this is that styles are available…in at least two places.…First, we have the Style View.…That's right here, and we can click on Styles,…and we get an entire view that dedicates…the entire interface to Styles.…Now, what you might have noticed…is that there is also a Styles inspector,…and the basic principle here,…and you probably could manipulate it in other ways,…but the basic principle is that the Styles View…will control styles throughout the project,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.