A user story map allows a team to visually collaborate on the big picture of the product from a user perspective. In this video, Angela shares ways the agile product owner can set up, create, and analyze a user story map.
- A user's story map is a powerful visual that helps…the entire team see the forest though the trees.…By organizing user stories in a visual format.…A story map is all about telling the whole story…versus a small part of it.…It's a technique that keeps the team focused…on the user experience and results in better…dialogue and conversation.…To create a user story map we take all of the user stories…for a product release and place them into a sequence…of how a customer uses the product.…
From the left to the right.…The vertical columns of the story map provide details…under the higher level story or theme.…For example, in our go health app, the first set…of stories on the left would be about the user logging in…and connecting to the club.…Then, a logical sequence of actions a user many take…would follow to the right.…When creating a story map, don't get caught up…in finding the perfect order for the stories and features.…
Sometimes there isn't a perfect order.…And it's more important to have the big picture visual.…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.