Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Start a project with OmniPlan, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Now that we've taken a tour of the OmniPlan interface,…it's time to start a new project.…And right now I want to go over starting a project,…but also the project that we start…is going to be the project that we follow through…for the remainder of this course.…So I'm here in Applications,…and we've previously installed the software,…so now I'm just going to double-click the icon.…We're going to launch the software,…and as you'll see, a blank, untitled project…will also be created.…So there is our blank, untitled project…and some of this is going to be standard,…but there are some decisions here…that are a little unique to OmniPlan.…
So for starters, under File we do want to save this,…and notice you have a lot of your normal choices here,…including New Project, Save, we don't have a Save As,…we have a Duplicate and a Rename,…so you're going to want to keep track of that,…as well, it's a little different than other software.…We'll go ahead and save this,…and I'm going to go ahead and put it on my Desktop,…just for convenience next to the Exercise Files.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.