Learn about the importance of an agile product owner during the sprint planning ceremony. This video guides you through the various steps to ensure the detailed plans of a sprint align to value.
- Sprint planning is a ceremony in Agile…that teams use to plan the upcoming sprint or iteration.…It's a collaborative effort involving the entire team.…A team leader facilitates the meeting,…and a product owner clarifies precisely what will be built…through user stories or product backlog items.…And the rest of the Agile team…defines the work and effort needed.…The team estimates and plans the tasks needed…to meet the definition of done…for the selected backlog items,…and commits to the work of the sprint.…
Sprint planning happens before each sprint starts.…The team defines a sprint goal,…and this goal drives the work and mindset of the sprint.…During a sprint planning meeting,…the product owner walks the team through…the items or stories that are prioritized…and ready to go for the next sprint.…The team uses the definition of ready…to confirm the user story or item…is ready for the sprint, and the team clarifies these items…and creates the tasks to get the work done.…
The output of a sprint planning meeting…is the sprint goal and the sprint backlog.…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.