Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Split tasks, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Split tasks in OmniPlan are exactly…like what they sound like.…It's the ability to take one task and break it into parts.…Generally, this is not done due to…a project management challenge,…but because something else comes up.…Your resource gets sick that day,…or some other factor inside or outside the project…just means that a task has to break for a while…then you'll come back to it later.…That's what a split task is.…We're going to split drafting,…and in our story here, perhaps the writer…took a break or went on strike or got sick.…
We just select the task and then…right here up on the toolbar…we have "Split Selected Item".…We click that button and we have a little little dialogue.…First it's saying how do we want to split the task,…that is, we have just under three days,…it was probably meant to be three days…when it was originally done to do this task.…Do we want to split that down the middle,…or we can set it to split say…two days on one side and then we'll be almost a whole day…on the other side.…So it's where will this break.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.