This video by John Riopel covers building a budget table and view, customized grouping and filter to analyze the budget, and cost information for each resource. Then learn how to effectively roll up that information by cost types.
- View Offline
- We now have all our resources…entered in to the project file.…However, we want to manage budgets in a much easier way,…so we're going to create a custom table in View…that will make it easier for us…to attach those and see them in a single place.…So we'll go to the "View" ribbon…and select a view that comes out of the box,…called the "Resource Usage" view.…Now in this view, we can currently see…the Resource Name and any planned work.…We want to add additional information…that captures our budgeted cost,…as well as our total budget for each resource.…
So we're going to go to the "Tables" dropdown,…select the "Usage" table, and then "More Tables."…In the "More Tables" area,…we'll copy the standard out of the box table called "Usage."…We'll add in the additional columns,…in above the "Work" field here.…So we'll select the "Work" field and select "Insert Row."…We'll add in our "Budget Cost" field.…Again, we'll click the "Work" one,…so that we can add in above it.…
And select "Budget."…This time, that will be our budgeted flag.…
Note: This course was designed in collaboration with author Bonnie Biafore.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Setting up budget resource costs
- Setting up rate tables
- Creating budget resources
- Entering values for budget cost and work and expense resources
- Comparing costs to budget values
- Reviewing costs
- Managing and reducing project costs
- Adding actual costs