Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up working hours, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Setting up the work week for a project is one of the…main things that you can do inside Calendar view.…What I want to do here is set up our general work week…for the project, and then also look at setting up…specific work weeks that differ for different resources.…Here we are in Calendar view.…If you're not there, go ahead and…click the middle button up here,…in the top left in the toolbar.…As we know, in Calendar view we have a calendar,…but what I want to do now is adjust our general work week.…
Be careful that nothing is specifically selected…over here in Resources.…We're just working on-…and it's highlighted up here-…normal work week for a project.…We've got a default in there. It's 8 a.m. to noon…and then after a lunch break, 1 pm to 5.…That would be fine, but our shop actually…works a later day, so we don't get started…until 9:30 a.m.,…and as I overlapped that all became one block,…which that happened automatically,…but it's actually where I wanted to wind up anyway,…so that's fine because that's kind of how we do it…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.