Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Set units and efficiency, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Setting the units and the efficiency…for a resource is one way that OmniPlan…helps you manage how long tasks…will take to be completed.…I'm basically where we left off,…and I'm here in Resource View.…So if you're in one of the different views,…go ahead and click over to Resource View now.…Here in Resources View,…go ahead and click on any of the resources,…but the one I have in mind is Admin.…And you see, I click right on that dot…to highlight the Admin.…
Our Admin actually splits his time…between overhead work…and specific projects like this one.…So the way that translates in OmniPlan…is over in the Resource Inspector,…so I've selected Admin and I've moved…over here to Resource Inspector,…and now I get all the details.…So what Units says is if only half of the time,…or units, days, hours in the week, those are units,…of a person's time is devoted to this project,…we would say that they are only on 50%…of their available units.…
And Efficiency is similar,…that is, if Units has to do with time,…and Efficiency has to do with…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley OConnell1h 32m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.