Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Set task duration, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- We're getting familiar with the pieces…and parts of OmniPlan,…and now we want to drill down into Tasks,…one of the most important fundamental pieces…of managing a project.…In particular, we want to talk about task duration-…how long we estimate a given task is going to take.…Now, from the perspective of project management,…it's pretty clear why this is important.…Currently, we're looking at a project,…the same one we've been working on,…and our tasks and milestones are in place,…as well as our dependencies.…
So we can see on this Gantt chart what our different…steps of the project are, and how they relate to each other.…The thing is that every task is scheduled to take one,…and only one day, and that's not accurate.…The only reason it's like that…is because that's the initial default…and we haven't gone in yet and done…the Management task where we actually estimate…how long each one is going to take.…It's very easy to do that,…and there's several ways to do it.…
One is that your Gantt chart is totally…dragable, gooey, what you see is what you get.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.