Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Set start and end dates, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Now that we're up and running…with our OmniPlan project, I actually want…to backtrack a little bit and talk about some things…that basically go to how a project is configured.…Now a lot of these things you might do at the beginning…when you start a project, but there's no reason…you can't do them later on once a project is in process,…so long as you know what you're doing…and that's what you intend.…So the first thing I want to look at are issues…around scheduling a project, in particular the way…you manage start and end dates.…So I'm here in task view, and I want to click…in the white area in the Gantt chart.…
And as soon as I click it, that's going…to activate our Project inspector.…And you can see it's already highlighted.…In the Project inspector, the top section…is Project Info, and it has some basics there,…like the Title, but then we get into…different issues around start and end dates.…And that's really what I want to talk about.…So the first choice is are we going to use…specific dates or undetermined dates?…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.