In this video, Bob McGannon explores the data privacy considerations that should be considered when it comes to managing your project’s external data users such as vendors, business partners and customers. In addition, understand the benefits of and requirements for hiring a data security expert early in your project lifecycle.
- Watching me use an ATM is kinda comical.…With all of the news reports about data being stolen,…I work hard to keep prying eyes from picking up…my PIN code and I probably look like I'm trying…to hug the ATM.…The need for data security goes way beyond…automated teller machines.…It's becoming a larger and more important part…of virtually every technology project.…Data privacy laws change frequently so you need…to ensure you understand the current laws in your country.…
If your project covers multiple countries, the laws…of the country where your company headquarters…is located will typically prevail.…To comply with these laws, technical solutions…need to be designed so access can be clearly controlled.…For instance, you'll need the ability to define…access groups and the types of data or transactions…that each group can perform.…As a rule of thumb, people should only have access…to the information which is required for…them to perform their job.…
For example, only qualified medical technicians…should be able to see diagnosis-related data…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Guiding process and organizational change
- Considering a cloud-based solution
- Planning a technology project
- Assessing risks and changes
- Executing a technology project
- Addressing challenges such as conflict and changing priorities