Learn about the goals of information technology infrastructure and how they are achieved.
- Many companies talk about putting their people first,…and one of the most important ways they demonstrate…that commitment is through physical security…and safety programs.…Physical security and safety play a critical role…in supporting many projects,…so in this video we'll talk about how they help…to protect both the organization and your team.…Let's start with a look at safety.…Safety is really about protecting people.…Hazards are all around us…and companies have an ethical, and sometimes,…a legal responsibility to make sure…that their employees and their customers…are protected from harm.…
Any time that a project involves changes…to a physical space,…or changes to someone's routine,…there's a high potential for danger.…The safety team's job is to look for…and prevent those hazards.…Some of the things that they might look for…include sharp surfaces that could cut someone,…uneven surfaces that might cause someone to trip…or tasks that require people to lift heavy objects.…Some projects require people to spend time…
Instructor Daniel Stanton begins the course by reviewing the key skills highlighted in the Project Management Institute (PMI) Talent Triangle, and explaining how strategy and business management fit into your professional development. Next, he explains how to align your project with the priorities of your organization, and effectively communicate the goals, benefits, and risks of your project to your stakeholders. Then, he walks through the different business functions in an organization, including marketing and sales, supply chain management, human resources, and information technology. To wrap up, Daniel explains how to leverage your business acumen to collaborate effectively with individuals throughout your organization.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify the role of business acumen in the PMI Talent Triangle.
- Recognize that projects are how businesses implement changes.
- Explore the characteristics of a SMART goal.
- List several business benefits of good customer service.
- Identify common financial documents.
- Review common financial analysis methods.
- Recall the three common approaches to continuous process improvement.
- Identify the differences between strategic, tactical, and operational goals.