- Baselines are useful to compare…what your planned schedule was…to what actually happens in a project.…We've also noted that when a lot of things change in…a project schedule, it makes sense to save a new baseline.…I want to go over the way this is done in detail,…because it's really quite powerful…in terms of the way you can see your progress…and really see the progress of those changes.…What did we say we were going to do at a certain time?…And what are we actually doing,…and when do we want to revise that?…So here we are, more or less where we left off.…
You'll remember that I previously created a baseline…and we can compare.…So if I look at both, Actual vs Baseline,…you may recall that everything was moving on schedule…except for our server tech setup.…So here you can see where the server tech jobs,…the tasks, have moved forward.…The baseline is still in gray, but we've shifted forward…because these tasks have not yet started.…
In fact, I can move them even further forward if I need to.…And just remember, it's the tasks that are going to move.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.