Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Resolve violations, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- Violations are what happens in OmniPlan…when you program something that's just not possible.…It's a logical fallacy.…A command, for instance, for one task…to be dependent on another task…but the task that its dependent on…is also dependent on the first task.…That's called a circular dependency and it's a violation.…It is possible to program something…that is a logical fallacy,…what OmniPlan calls a violation.…
And there is a tool that helps you…clear out all those violations or resolve the violations…which is OmniPlan's preferred language.…I thought the best way to demonstrate this…would be to create a violation hands on…rather than set it up in advance…and then use resolve violations to fix it.…But I just thought it would be a little more understandable.…So a classic violation is a circular dependency.…Let's do this down in the content or writing group.…So it's totally logical to say that the drafting…has to be complete for the editing to proceed.…
So that's what this says here, right.…This task is drafting and once it's complete,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley OConnell1h 32m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.