- Define elicitation and analysis.
- Identify why elicitation and analysis are important.
- Recognize the key mindsets to make elicitation and analysis successful.
- Explore the role of brainstorming in elicitation.
- Examine the fundamentals for utilizing observation in elicitation.
- Discover the usefulness of well-run requirement workshops.
- Identify the elements of a well-done context diagram.
- Identify the elements of a data flow diagram.
Skill Level Beginner
- Are you up to speed on requirements terminology of today? Gathering requirements is out. Eliciting and discovering requirements are in. Great requirements include progressive elaboration. They change, and our customers' needs change as we analyze and develop products. Facilitating the process to determine precisely what to build that customers and users will love and benefit from is no small task.
It's a skillset that demands a combination of analysis, creativity, facilitation, and communication skills. Hi, I'm Angela Wick, and welcome to this course, which focuses on requirements elicitation and analysis and provides an overview of the mindset and techniques that are used to elicit and analyze high-quality, innovative solutions. In this course, you'll learn key techniques and insights to fulfill your mission working on requirements.
We'll look at techniques like using requirements workshops, experiments, interviews, process models, context diagrams, and many more. These techniques will encourage both the business and technical teams to come together as one and deliver value to users and customers while meeting the organizational needs. In today's business and technology environment, where change, ambiguity, and complexity are the norm, product and software requirements analysis work is critical to success.
Are you ready to start defining and discovering better requirements? Let's dive in.