Request for proposals (RFP) and request for quotations (RFQ) help to identify consultants and contractors who have the capability and interest to support a project. A statement of work (SOW) or master service agreement (MSA) can better define the detailed terms of the relationship. These are legal agreements and you should work closely with your attorney.
- Investigating your options,…involves looking at the best ways…to get things done.…And sometimes, as a project leader,…this means getting help from other companies.…In this video, we'll walk through…the steps in the request for proposal process…and see how to find the right partners,…and engage them correctly.…But first, I'd like to describe how…we solve a problem that comes up…in our home every night.…What's for supper?…My wife and I will ask our kids…what would you like to eat?…The kids are kind of predictable.…
Pizza, spaghetti, and mac and cheese…are usually their proposals.…We evaluate each idea from several angles.…How nutritious are they?…How much time would they take?…Do we have the right ingredients?…Then, we make a decision,…and we start cooking together.…Even after we make the decision,…there are usually a few details to negotiate.…Mushrooms, or no mushrooms on the pizza.…Elbow macaroni, or curly noodles…for the mac and cheese.…
These details are important, too.…Because they all impact the quality…of the final solution.…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.