Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Reports, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- An exciting new feature in OmniPlan 3 Pro…is a whole new interface for creating HTML-based reports.…As we've seem, OmniPlan is really great…with this planning stuff, but a lot of the deep information…is sort of trapped inside the program.…So if someone else doesn't have OmniPlan,…can they really access it?…And, yes, printing is good,…and the potential for publishing the material…is obviously large, but with the new Reports window,…we have a lot more options for pushing out the deep data.…
Let's see what it looks like.…There's a menu item for reports,…but there's also a button that brings up…the new Reports window.…And because I want to spend some time here,…I'm going to go ahead and enlarge it…so it takes up the whole screen.…What you're seeing here is a few things.…The drop-down menu here on the top left…is simply giving you the visual look.…Bright has this nice screen.…Printer Friendly, self-explanatory.…SeriousBusiness looks a little more serious,…blue instead of green.…
And Zebra is black and white,…also using the shaded lines to indicate things.…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.