- There's a big difference between skimming…and reading for understanding.…Skimming is useful when you want…a general idea of what you're reading.…You'll quickly digest the main points,…while skipping over the details.…While on the other hand, reading is thorough.…In the beginning, skimming might help you…preview the PMBOK, and get the gist of it.…However, the challenge is that you'll have a hard time…comprehending and remembering what you read.…
When you read the PMBOK, you need to read for detail,…and an in-depth understanding.…This requires you to actively focus your attention on…extracting important information from the text.…You don't necessarily have to read every single word,…but it's a good idea to slow down,…so you don't miss key points.…To get the most out of your reading,…start by studying the layout of the PMBOK.…The first three chapters provide foundational…information, such as project management definitions,…concepts, tables,…and diagrams.…
The chapter sections are sequentially numbered,…and build on one another.…
- What to expect on exam day
- Reviewing the fundamental aspects of project management
- Key success factors
- Navigating the CAPM® exam
- Managing your time on the exam
- Reviewing practice questions
- Establishing a solid study routine
- Reading for understanding
Skill Level Intermediate
1. CAPM® Foundations
2. Tips and Tricks for Passing the CAPM® Exam
3. Practice Questions
4. Mentally Preparing for the Exam
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.