Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Publish and subscribe, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- The Pro features of OmniPlan 3 have been greatly expanded.…And I want to take a look at what these Pro features offer.…The first one I want to look at is publishing…and subscribing, and with a lot of these Pro features,…we're only going to really be able…to sort of open up the door on them.…In the case of publishing and subscribing,…some server support is needed,…which is sort of beyond the scope of what we're able to do…in this course, but I can show you…where these things are found in the interface…and explain how they're used.…
And then, depending on the server environment…that you work in, you can proceed by setting up…the various accounts and publishing features.…Let's take a look.…There's two places that I want to look at in detail…when it comes to publishing and subscribing.…And the first one is actually in the Preferences.…We've looked at Preferences in a different movie,…but we left off specifically the Accounts tab…because it's only available to Pro users,…so now that we're talking about Pro features,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
OmniFocus for Mac Essential Trainingwith David Sparks1h 50m Beginner
Transitioning from Waterfall to Agile Project Managementwith Kelley O'Connell1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.