Project leaders must track project status in order to ensure the project is being executed correctly. Project scorecards can be updated through a series of meetings with team members, and then shared with project leaders to provide transparency and accelerate issue resolution. Project meetings should be sequenced to allow information to flow from the functional teams to the project sponsor.
- One of the biggest challenges a leader faces…is how to track the status of a project…once execution begins.…In this video, we'll look at how to use routine meetings…and a project scorecard to make sure that everyone,…including the leader, stays up to date with the project.…A project scorecard is a document…that captures key information…that helps you quickly understand the status of a project:…how are things tracking in regards to scope,…schedule and budget?…There are quantitative project metrics…that you'll want to track,…such as whether activities are on schedule,…and of course, metrics related to the budget.…
But there is also qualitative information…that can be valuable,…such as the highest priority issues, risks,…and potential scope changes.…If you'd like to see the project scorecard for H+ Sport,…you can download it from the exercise files for this course.…When it comes to maintaining…communications about project status,…I find that it's useful to schedule short, focused,…routine meetings, either in person or over the phone.…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.