Project metrics are important for tracking the progress of a project team. Project metrics include project progress, budget performance, safety, and others. Develop a project scorecard before executing the project plan. This video includes an example of a project scorecard for learning how to develop and track metrics.
- I'm a believer in the saying,…"What gets measured gets done."…Developing your project metrics…is part of resolving to a course of action.…So in this video we'll talk about…how to measure project performance…to make sure that you're getting the results you need.…A metric is just a measurement.…It's an indicator…of how some aspect of your project is performing.…You'll sometimes see metrics called…key performance indicators, or KPIs for short.…Some metrics are precise and mathematical.…
But metrics can also be subjective and qualitative.…Almost every project needs to keep track…of how three basic things are doing:…the schedule, the budget, and the people.…The project plan makes tracking the schedule pretty easy.…One of the metrics that I find useful…is the percentage of activities…that have been completed early, on time, and late.…But there are other schedule metrics that can be useful too,…such as the percentage of work completed…or the percentage of time remaining.…
You probably want to have metrics around money.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Principleswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.