Project metrics are important for tracking the progress of a project team. Project metrics include project progress, budget performance, safety, and others. Develop a project scorecard before executing the project plan. This video includes an example of a project scorecard for learning how to develop and track metrics.
- I'm a believer in the saying,…"What gets measured gets done."…Developing your project metrics…is part of resolving to a course of action.…So in this video we'll talk about…how to measure project performance…to make sure that you're getting the results you need.…A metric is just a measurement.…It's an indicator…of how some aspect of your project is performing.…You'll sometimes see metrics called…key performance indicators, or KPIs for short.…Some metrics are precise and mathematical.…
But metrics can also be subjective and qualitative.…Almost every project needs to keep track…of how three basic things are doing:…the schedule, the budget, and the people.…The project plan makes tracking the schedule pretty easy.…One of the metrics that I find useful…is the percentage of activities…that have been completed early, on time, and late.…But there are other schedule metrics that can be useful too,…such as the percentage of work completed…or the percentage of time remaining.…
You probably want to have metrics around money.…
- Name who is responsible for approving the resources for the project.
- Recall what the spine of a fishbone diagram represents.
- List characteristics of the environment.
- Identify the tools used for mapping processes.
- Recognize what needs to be captured on the action item list.
- Recall what project metrics should be related to.
Skill Level Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.