Project management office (PMO) and project management center of excellence can support projects throughout the organization. PMO can provide specialized tools and training to project managers that are deployed to projects throughout the organization. PMO help with training and developing project management skills and expertise.
- If you think about it, Project Managers…work themselves out of a job…as soon as they finish a project.…That can actually lead to some…serious problems for a company.…In this video, we'll see just what those problems are,…and why you should be thinking about them…as you resolve to a course of action for your project.…The first issue is that anyone…can call themselves a project manager.…But mastering the profession of project management…involves learning the specialized tools,…rules and jargon of the trade.…
It's hard for someone to master these skills…when it's only a temporary job.…So it's easy for an organization to end up with…lots of amateur project managers but no experts.…The second problem is that many project managers…work in a functional division of the business.…Once their project is finished,…there may not be another job for them to do.…That's a bad situation for a successful…project manager to be put in.…And a bad situation for the organization,…that will end up losing their talent.…
One common way to solve both of these problems,…
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.