Lessons learned from cross functional projects can add value to the business by capturing knowledge. Project teams can use lessons learned to improve future performance and to avoid risks. Project lessons can be positive or negative. Collecting lessons learned is an important project management function.
- Before you declare a project complete,…turn the lights off and go home,…there's one more element of the transition…that you need to take into account.…In this video, we'll focus on capturing the lessons…that you and your team learned from this project.…One of the things that I love most about working on projects…is how much I learn.…And the completion of a project is a great opportunity…to bring the team together,…so that we can share what we learned with each other.…Taking the time to reflect, is really a proactive…investment in preparing your team for future projects.…
But there is also another more personal reason…to capture the lessons learned.…One of the groups that is most affected by the completion…of a project, is the project team.…You and your colleagues will experience a change.…You will all be transitioning, maybe to other projects,…maybe even to another job or another company.…So each of you will go through a process…of letting go of the project, moving into the neutral zone,…and preparing for a new beginning.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Name who is responsible for approving the resources for the project.
- Recall what the spine of a fishbone diagram represents.
- List characteristics of the environment.
- Identify the tools used for mapping processes.
- Recognize what needs to be captured on the action item list.
- Recall what project metrics should be related to.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management: Iterative Methodswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.