Project kickoff engages the team and clearly communicates the start of the project. Project kickoff can be formal or informal. Project kickoff can include sharing the project chart, Gantt chart, and other resources with project team members. It is also good to have a gift for the project team members to build team cohesion.
- The project kickoff marks the transition…from the planning to the execution of your project.…In this video we'll learn how to organize…and run a successful kickoff for your project.…The easiest way for me to prepare for a project kickoff…is to think in terms of who, what, when, where and why.…Who should be involved in the project kickoff?…The kickoff is the event that marks…the beginning of everyone's participation in the team.…So it's important that everyone's involved.…
What should the project kickoff include?…It should include a clear explanation…of what you're doing, how the team is structured…and their particular role and responsibilities.…And this is the perfect time for…you to share the project plan.…The schedule, the communication plan,…the scope change management process…and the issue resolution process.…When should the kickoff occur?…The kickoff should take place when you're ready…to start working on the activities…that are included in the project plan.…
Where should the kickoff be held?…I strongly suggest you try to get people together,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 16m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.