Project kickoff engages the team and clearly communicates the start of the project. Project kickoff can be formal or informal. Project kickoff can include sharing the project chart, Gantt chart, and other resources with project team members. It is also good to have a gift for the project team members to build team cohesion.
- The project kickoff marks the transition…from the planning to the execution of your project.…In this video we'll learn how to organize…and run a successful kickoff for your project.…The easiest way for me to prepare for a project kickoff…is to think in terms of who, what, when, where and why.…Who should be involved in the project kickoff?…The kickoff is the event that marks…the beginning of everyone's participation in the team.…So it's important that everyone's involved.…
What should the project kickoff include?…It should include a clear explanation…of what you're doing, how the team is structured…and their particular role and responsibilities.…And this is the perfect time for…you to share the project plan.…The schedule, the communication plan,…the scope change management process…and the issue resolution process.…When should the kickoff occur?…The kickoff should take place when you're ready…to start working on the activities…that are included in the project plan.…
Where should the kickoff be held?…I strongly suggest you try to get people together,…
- Name who is responsible for approving the resources for the project.
- Recall what the spine of a fishbone diagram represents.
- List characteristics of the environment.
- Identify the tools used for mapping processes.
- Recognize what needs to be captured on the action item list.
- Recall what project metrics should be related to.
Skill Level Intermediate
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.