Join Jason Osder for an in-depth discussion in this video Project formats, part of OmniPlan 3 Essential Training.
- We're looking at options in OmniPlan for configuring…a project, and different settings that affect the way…the project manifests in the interface.…I want to look at a section of the project inspector…called Formats now.…I already have the project inspector activated,…but you can activate it by clicking on a blank space…in the task view, or up on top of the inspectors…by clicking that little briefcase or project.…What I want to look at is the second section of the…project inspector called Formats.…
In essence, the formats inspector does the things…that you would expect it to do.…It's just a place to designate how certain values manifest,…what level of detail.…We have usually in issues like time,…but could also be in one case, how currencies are displayed.…You see the choices here, and on dates,…this is not an either/or check box.…This is, do we include the time of day at all?…So if I uncheck it, we're just going to go by whole days.…
That's a big one.…Do we divide days up into the time of day…or do we just go with whole days,…
The course explains how to most efficiently create and assign resources, including grouping resources, assigning duration and effort, and modifying individual schedule expectations. Learn how to use views; track project progress with critical paths, Gantt charts, and baselines; and configure different project settings. Chapter 9 shows how to work with OmniPlan Pro's expanded feature set, including Monte Carlo simulations and the multiproject dashboard.
- Navigating the OmniPlan interface
- Viewing projects as Gantt charts
- Starting new projects
- Creating milestones, tasks, and dependencies
- Grouping and splitting tasks
- Assigning resources to tasks
- Working with the Calendar and Network views
- Checking and finalizing a project plan
- Gauging progress with baselines
- Configuring start and end dates, styles, templates, and more
- Working with OmniPlan Pro
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigate the Interface
2. Work with Projects and Project Elements
3. Work with Tasks
4. Work with Resources
5. Calendar and Network Views
6. Finalize a Project Plan
7. Gauge Progress with Baselines
8. Project Configuration
9. OmniPlan Pro
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.