Learning to manage project communications is an important responsibility for a project leader. Project communications include communication by the project team within functional groups, between the project sponsor, and with the project manager. Communication mostly occurs through meetings, phone calls, and emails.
- Communications can make or break a project,…so it's important to think about how communications…will flow as you resolve to a course of action.…In this video, we'll talk about how communications work…and how to build an effective project…communications strategy.…Communication has three elements.…There's a sender, a receiver, and a signal.…Part of the project leader's job is to ensure…that the right information, the signals,…are sent by the right people at the right times,…and that they're properly understood…by the people who receive them.…
As you develop your communications plan, the first question…that you need to answer is what information…do my team members need, and where is it coming from?…In other words, who is the sender, who is the receiver,…and what is the signal?…Then, you should think about when they will need it…and what is the most efficient way to share it.…Together, these elements define your communication goal.…A communications plan is a document that captures…the formal communications for your project team.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Defining the vision
- Documenting the project scope
- Investigating potential options
- Conducting a SWOT analysis
- Selecting a course of action
- Resolving issues
- Building trust with transparency
- Managing project plans
- Identifying risks
- Changing processes
- Helping people transition
Skill Level Intermediate
Agile Project Management Foundationswith Bob McGannon1h 17m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Changewith Doug Rose1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore1h 33m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Teamswith Bob McGannon1h 29m Appropriate for all
Next steps2m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.