Uncertainty and change are key aspects of projects. Program management requires thorough processes to manage the increased complexity during ambiguity and change.
- Do you thrive under uncertainty?…Then program management is just for you.…Within a project, you may or may not know…much about how you're going to reach the end…but one thing's for sure, the further you move along…in your project, things become clearer…and the chances of you predicting the project outcome…gets better and better.…The project manager doesn't have to worry too much…about strategy, she just has to concentrate…in getting something out the door.…The program manager doesn't have this luxury.…
How come?…She has to deal with that moving target…we call organizational strategy.…Can you imagine someone asking you to move in various…directions and you need to make sure that…everyone behind you was staying in line?…Well, that describes program management in one sentence.…Let's stay with this analogy.…So, the organization asks you to move…the program a certain direction.…This request will most likely be coming…from the portfolio manager.…You need to make the adjustment to your program components…to make sure you're still delivering…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.