Learn the tools and techniques to identify, manage, and engage program stakeholders.
- If you don't know what your stakeholders' needs are,…how do you know that you've delivered something of value?…Let's look at how we identify our stakeholders,…how we manage them,…and how we keep them involved in our program.…First, let's define who a stakeholder is.…It is anyone who will be positively…or negatively affected by your program.…They very often will not know this,…so it's important that the message comes from you.…Trust is paramount as a program manager,…so make sure you proactively communicate…with your stakeholders to avoid any surprises.…
Our first step is to identify our stakeholders.…We put together a complete list,…then we start to categorize our stakeholders.…We might group them per department, region,…or language might be another categorization.…Our second step is to plan how you are going to keep…your stakeholders engaged.…The graph you see on your screen…is called a Power Interest Grid.…The ideas that you can place…all of your stakeholders or stakeholder groups…into one of the four categories of the grid.…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.