Learn about the planning and the control aspects of program scheduling.
- If the program components define the tempo of the program,…where do a program manager's activities fall in?…The program manager is primarily responsible…for delivering benefits, so she will have…to manage the project components thoroughly.…And these activities make up the brunt…of the program schedule management.…When I've been managing programs,…the first thing I did every morning…was to review the current project component schedules…to see that they are on time.…My project managers were expected to tell me in advance…if they see any schedule problems coming up…so that we could be proactive and not reactive.…
The program governance board, the overseers of my program,…expected the schedule information…to be accurate in real time.…And what they disliked more than anything…were negative surprises.…Remember, it's essential to be flexible…as a program manager.…Changes do happen within an organization.…For example, you did a great job in planning the program…and you have a stellar group…of project managers running the project components.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.