Learn about the three processes within program quality management and the underlying elements that drive this role.
- What does quality cost us?…If it's cheaper than what we paid for,…then we see the value.…What if it costs us more?…Let's look at how we manage quality within a program,…how we define quality and how it is measured.…You can say that quality's the value…your stakeholders are willing to pay for.…Taking into account what the stakeholders require,…the program manager needs to plan…for meeting quality standards,…first in the program definition,…and then within the benefits delivery phase,…together with the projects.…
When the project managers are busy…creating their deliverables or their output,…the program manager spends a fair amount of time…controlling the project output…to make sure that the quality holds.…There's no quality in the program closure…because quality never ends.…The program manager needs to make sure…that the benefits continue after the program closes.…Otherwise, the stakeholders feel…that the benefits don't bring the value promised.…We plan for quality and make sure it's delivered,…long after the program is closed.…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.