Learn about the relevant processes of program management when procurement is required.
- What do you do if you don't have…the necessary resources to run your program?…Let's dive into program procurement, when it applies,…and what steps you need to follow…as a program manager to get this right.…Let's start with a description of what procurement means.…Here we are looking to go outside of our own organization…to get the help we need to run our program right.…The gap we might have will take on different forms.…Either we don't have the knowledge or the expertise,…or maybe simply we don't have enough personnel.…
Maybe we need to hire an organization to deploy components…that are not part of our daily business.…Or even their assistance might be needed to realize…the benefits after program closure.…Whatever the reason, a procuring we will go.…So what do we do first?…We plan our procurement, we collect our requirements,…understand the individuals or vendors who fit…the description, we plan the actual procurement process,…and get ready to perform the actions.…
Either we will be looking to obtain help…for the entire program, or perhaps we just need to execute…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.