What is the difference between a program and a portfolio? Why is this important, especially when tied to the goals of the organization?
- Did you know that in Toyota's vision statement…they don't mention cars once?…They talk about mobility and getting people around.…Let's look at an organization's vision, mission,…strategy, and objectives,…and how all these parts fit together.…A company's vision describes why they exist…and the statement should be the real driver…for an organization.…If written and communicated well,…it gives the employees a purpose for being there.…And this vision is, more or less, permanent.…
The mission is the what are they trying to achieve part…and this has been, traditionally, the goals you have…for the next three to five years,…subject to change, of course.…Toyota has different mission statements…depending on the region of the world…that they're doing business in.…Here is their mission statement coming out of the U.S.…"To attract and attain customers with high-valued products…"and services and the most satisfying…"ownership experience in America."…Your strategy is the how part.…
How do you reach your goals?…If the goals change and the strategy doesn't,…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.