Understand the 3-phases of compiling the program life cycle and which corresponding tasks are found within each phase.
- Within any assignment, it's good to have a checklist…to make sure that you have everything covered.…The program life cycle is just that for a program manager.…Here we'll take a peek at the program life cycle management…in all its phases.…The first domain we want to look at…is the program strategy alignment…where we look to identify opportunities within our program…to bring the most ideal benefits to the organization.…This is the creative part of the program…where the program manager ventures…to bring the most bang for the organizational buck.…
Our next stop takes us to the program benefits management,…or the directing part.…Here the program manager drives the program…through the life cycle to reach program nirvana.…Program stakeholder engagement is the communication part…where we listen to the stakeholder needs,…ensure understanding, and that everyone is on board.…Program governance is the structure part…where we follow a common path…defined between the program manager…and the program governance board…to make sure everyone has the same expectations.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.