Learn about the life cycle components in program management and how they are mapped to the program supporting activities.
- Just like a project, a program has a beginning,…a middle, and an end.…Let's look at all three phases, what they are called,…and the group of activities…that are taking place in each phase.…Our journey starts with the program definition phase.…In this phase, the program manager is assigned,…the program scope is defined,…and the program charter is created.…The last part of the program definition phase…takes on the program planning.…First off, the program manager has to define…how the program is going to be managed.…
This is called the program management plan.…Then the project managers working on your program…have to plan the individual projects.…They get their direction from the program management plan…because all of these moving parts need guidelines.…At the end of the definition phase,…your program management plan will be your plan,…plus the individual project plans…are all rolled up into one.…Our next stop takes a look at the benefits delivery phase…where we, you guessed it, deliver the benefits.…
Here we manage the program components,…
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.