Program integration management focuses on the management part of program management. Learn about the required steps.
- If there is one video that describes what a program…manager does, it's this one.…Just as the vast majority of the project manager's work…is to be found within integration,…the same applies to the program manager.…Before we move further,…let's define the term "integration."…Here we are talking about the activities…the program manager is coordinating…with the program projects,…and they are tied to driving the program.…Because by nature, managing diverse projects…can be complex,…the program manager needs to integrate all of these…components into one program.…
For example, you might have a product that needs…to be rolled out to different countries,…and each country rollout is a project.…A program would be formed to better manage your resources,…your risks, your dependencies,…and of course the delivery of the expected benefits.…The work the program manager does…in managing all of these moving parts…is the actual integration work.…We start with the program kickoff,…which is called the initiation.…The document we use to initiate our program…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality