Program integration management focuses on the management part of program management. Learn about the required steps.
- If there is one video that describes what a program…manager does, it's this one.…Just as the vast majority of the project manager's work…is to be found within integration,…the same applies to the program manager.…Before we move further,…let's define the term "integration."…Here we are talking about the activities…the program manager is coordinating…with the program projects,…and they are tied to driving the program.…Because by nature, managing diverse projects…can be complex,…the program manager needs to integrate all of these…components into one program.…
For example, you might have a product that needs…to be rolled out to different countries,…and each country rollout is a project.…A program would be formed to better manage your resources,…your risks, your dependencies,…and of course the delivery of the expected benefits.…The work the program manager does…in managing all of these moving parts…is the actual integration work.…We start with the program kickoff,…which is called the initiation.…The document we use to initiate our program…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Explain what a program is.
- Describe what a program manager does.
- Name the purpose a vision statement serves.
- Summarize how to know when a program ends.
- Cite the role of program financial management in creating a budget.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.