Program governance defines the rules of engagement. Learn who is involved in the organization and their duties.
- Can you ever be done if you haven't defined it?…Let's look at how program rules are defined,…who defines them, and how they are being followed.…Before all that, what is program governance?…It's a way of working.…We define what a program is supposed to accomplish,…how we keep the program on track,…and how the organization can provide support…to your program.…The Program Governance Board is responsible…for these tasks and accountable for the program.…
Now, you might be thinking that the program manager…should be accountable for the program.…Take a look at this graphic on your screen.…The reporting lines tell you who's accountable,…and who's responsible.…The Program Governance Board sits at the top,…and the program manager reports to this group.…They will include the program sponsor…and any of the program key stakeholders.…The board is accountable for the program's success,…and the program manager is responsible…for delivering benefits.…
Let's go one layer lower in this diagram.…In this example, the program has three project components,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.