Learn about the 7-processes tied to program financial management.
- In its basic form, value is financial.…I'm sure this statement won't surprise you…too much, but how does this translate…to the world of program management?…What do you think your program budget…will be primarily based on?…Yes, the projects spend the money…in producing those deliverables…that create the benefits for the program.…This means the program cost estimate…will be based on the project component budgets…but not exclusively.…The program will have an overhead, as well.…After all, the program manager wants to be paid, too, right?…Where's the money coming from?…The program manager will need to define…and manage how the program will be funded…and when it will receive the money.…
An organization will rarely deposit a lump sum…with a program manager and wish her good luck.…Payment is very often tied to the progress of the program.…Otherwise, the organization will be funding programs…without receiving any value in return.…Now the fun begins.…If a project has difficulty sometimes…keeping its costs under control,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
Developing Your Leadership Philosophywith Mike Figliuolo1h 24m Appropriate for all
1. Getting to Know Program Management
2. Program Management Performance Domains
3. Program Strategy Alignment
4. Program Benefits Management
5. Program Stakeholder Engagement
6. Program Governance
7. Program Life Cycle Management
8. Program Management Supporting Processes
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.