Learn about program communication, from planning, various elements to consider, communication platforms, and reporting
- If communication with all your project stakeholders…is a struggle, imagine the complexity within a program.…A program has many more stakeholders than a project,…but this is not the sole reason…why communication within a program is so difficult.…Think of your program manager as a PR director.…There are a number of moving parts…between the program project components,…and the benefits can possibly change…if the organizational strategy takes a turn.…So if you are the program manager,…you need to make sure that everyone is properly informed.…
If you're communicating upstream within an organization,…it takes on one form.…If you are communicating to the program team,…it takes on yet another form.…The form of your program communication will be…both formal and informal.…An example of formal communication would be…a status report or a presentation.…Informal communication takes on the form of an email…or a one-on-one discussion with the program team members.…Because the program is strategic in nature,…it's important for the program manager…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality