Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- What is program management?
- Who are program managers?
- Program versus project
- Program life-cycle phases
- Aligning programs to an organization's strategies
- Analyzing needs and planning programs
- Delivering and sustaining benefits from programs
- Working with program stakeholders
- Supporting program governance activities
- Managing program finances and resources
- Scheduling programs
- Managing program scope and quality
Skill Level Intermediate
- Program management is a rapidly emerging profession fulfilling a key need to be founding companies both big and small. I'm Mike Boyle, based in Vienna Austria, and I've been in industry for over 30 years on both sides of the Atlantic. In this course we will cover what program management is, and what a program manager does. I'll cover the difference between a project, program, and portfolio. This helps you to better understand the importance of your program. We then move on to look at the program life cycles, looking to see how programs are structured.
We cover how your program stays in line with strategic objectives and how you navigate the changes that come your way. The program manager delivers benefits to the organization. We start in defining what benefits are, where they come from, and how you ensure the organizational needs have not changed, all part of this course. So, come on board. We're ready to start.