Learn how the product owner can best lead a team by focusing on the product vision to create a shared understanding that benefits everyone. Angela walks through a variety of techniques to get the team rallied around the vision.
- I wish every team knew what it was like…to have a great product vision.…And even more importantly, how to use it daily…when developing the product.…Check out my course, Agile Product Owner Role,…to learn more about product vision and why it's important.…Part of the product owner role is to create,…communicate, and keep the product vision front and center…to the team.…Hopefully, the team creates the product vision together…and you as the product owner have the added challenge…of continuing to communicate it.…
A product owner helps the organization…get from strategy to execution…by leading them in the product vision.…I like to use an approach that gets the team involved…in creating the product vision.…I'll share a few techniques on how to do this.…But remember, the product owner is still…the decision maker on the vision.…These techniques we'll look at…help create a lasting and shared memory with the team,…ensuring the vision is carried out through all of the work.…The first technique is a vision statement.…
I like to start with a vision statement that I create…
- Identify the fundamentals of release planning.
- Recognize the steps involved in product backlog refinement.
- Define personas.
- Explore the components of story maps.
- Break down the elements of acceptance criteria.
- Examine forced ranking prioritization in the backlog.
- Explore the parts of a sprint planning meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
1. Create a Meaningful Product Backlog
2. Backlog Refinement Techniques
3. Product Backlog Prioritization
4. Key Concepts for Agile Teams
5. Agile Meetings and the Product Owner
Next steps1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.